Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal gives you an alternative to waxing, bleaching, plucking, and using hair removers. Avoid the painful hair-by-hair approach (like electrolysis or plucking) and use laser hair removal to give yourself smooth and silky skin after hair removal.
Laser and light-based treatments can treat many hair colors (except gray) and skin types. In addition, our laser devices make laser hair removal possible even for darker skin tones. When done professionally, laser hair removal technology offers men and women safe, effective, comfortable, and fast ways to reduce hair growth permanently.
Laser hair removal technology has benefits, including the following:
- Fast. Each laser pulse is only a split second, and lasers can treat many hairs in a short amount of time. For example, lasers treat areas the size of a dime in about a minute, and a laser treats your upper lip and chin in less than a minute. However, large sites like your legs or back can take more than an hour
- Inevitable. You will experience permanent hair removal after three to six sessions. 90% of hair is permanently removed, and you will only need maintenance treatments once a year.
- Precise. Lasers can target coarse and dark hair and leave the surrounding skin undamaged.
- If you are undergoing laser hair removal, you must avoid bleaching, plucking, waxing, and electrolysis for six weeks.
- Lighting or removing your hair will decrease your laser treatment’s effectiveness. Your provider may ask you to shave the day before, however.
- Sun exposure will cause complications, and you should stay out of excessive exposure for six weeks after treatment. Use sun protection on the parts of your skin that have been treated by laser.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser light turns into energy to destroy the hair follicle to keep hair from growing back.
Am I a candidate for using laser hair removal?
If you have light skin with dark hair, you will make the best candidates for laser hair removal. Light hair with dark skin is easier because light skin allows the laser to reach the pigment in the hair instead of competing with the skin's pigment. You can use specific lasers for darker skin, however.
How long does Laser Hair Removal take?
Depending on the area being treated, laser hair removal takes as little as a few minutes for the upper lip to about 30 minutes or more for a large back. The time it takes depends on the technology used, the amount of hair growth, and your hair type.
How soon are there results from Laser Hair Removal?
You may see some results immediately after the procedure. However, results vary from person to person, and it will take many treatments to remove hair successfully.
Is there recovery time?
No. Removing hair with laser energy does not have downtime.